In today’s Future AI Lab Menu:
- 🍪Freshly Baked AI Updates – Breakdown OpenAI + Altman chaos
- 🍟AI Snacks – Claude in Google Sheets
- 🤖Baking With Bots (Tutorials) – Protect your CustomGPT
- 🛠️ 3 Taste Test Tools
Read time: 4 minutes
Biggest twist in OpenAI Saga
If you blinked this weekend, you may have missed out on the craziest, most pivotal moments in AI history!
In short, over 3 days OpenAI has had 3 CEOs 😱Madness!
Here is a breakdown of what happened in just 4 days:
- OpenAI fired its CEO, Sam Altman last Friday
- 1hr later, Greg Brockman (OpenAI co-founder +board member wasn’t made aware of this decision) quits as a result
- Mira (OpenAI CTO) is now interim CEO
- Mira plans to rehire Sam & Greg (surprise twist)
- Sam goes back to OpenAI to discuss potential of coming back
- OpenAI board doesn’t rehire Sam, instead hires Emmett Shear (ex Twitch CEO) as interim CEO
- Microsoft hires Sam Altman to lead new inhouse AI team + Greg
- Over 95% OpenAI employees threaten to quit & follow Sam to Microsoft unless OpenAI board resigns
- Sam Altman still tries to return to OpenAI
This tweet sums it up pretty well!
Reasons why Sam was fired from OpenAI (What was said):
- “Sam was not consistently candid in his communications” hinting he may be lying or doesn’t have same vision as the rest of board
- Removing Altman was the “only path” to achieving the company’s mission of “broadly beneficial” artificial general intelligence (AGI)
- Notice the cryptic message by Sam below “I Love You All” (perhaps stands for ILYA who was one of people responsible for ousting him)
How did OpenAI board fire Sam?
- 4 out 6 OpenAI board voted to oust Sam Altman + Greg Brockman quit
- Shouldn’t Microsoft be on the board of directors? But they are not. They are a minority owner in the “for profit” OpenAI company (down the chain) however the board of directors are ultimately the ones who have the most power. Check out the full structure here.
- We also drew out a simplified version below (access full version here):
Who was mainly responsible? Why this may have happened..
- Ilya Sutskever (OpenAI cofounder + board member) believed in going slower towards AGI in the best interest of humanity & “prevent potential of super intelligent AI to go rogue”. Whereas Sam Altman wanted to advance faster. My video about this here. However now Ilya regrets this decision & signed paper to support Sam coming back to OpenAI.
- Adam D’Angelo (CEO of Quora & Poe) – This is speculation but there seems to be a conflict of interest as Adam is CEO of competitors of OpenAI. It seems to be very close timeline to when CustomGPT were launched the week prior. Perhaps there were bitter feelings as he wasn’t told in advance in order to get a head start for his own companies. Perhaps this was the reason behind Sam “withholding information” & shifting board members to believe the fast pace of AI could be “dangerous”.
Why is Sam still interested in returning to OpenAI after being fired?
- (Speculation): AGI has been achieved in OpenAI internally so Sam would rather go back to OpenAI, if not to Microsoft vs starting from scratch again
- OR there is no AGI yet but obviously alot of work remains at OpenAI
🚀Learn AI & Automation from Brand Nat
If you want to stay ahead of your competitors & learn how to actually use AI in a practical way for your business, you don’t want to miss out on my offer!
For the first time & never to be repeated, here’s what you’ll get:
- LIFE TIME ACCESS to all my current & future courses for business, templates, plug & play workflows, bite sized AI tutorials
- Course examples: Prompt engineering, AI for marketers, CustomGPTs, Create a business coach using AI, CRM & Lead generation workflow, AI tools & how to stack them, How to automate your business, AI in real estate, AI in Ecommerce etc (to be rolled out progressively)
- Courses will continue to expand as AI progresses at this fast pace
- Access to group of other entrepreneurs, freelancers & teams to share ideas & collaborate
What my courses will be like:
- Short tiktok style – to teach you in the quickest way, no fluff
- Diagrams + drawing – to help you understand concepts quicker
- Templates – so you can plug & play instantly
After sale ends on Nov 30, 2023, this may be offered as a monthly subscription or individual courses will be sold separately. I won’t be offering this again.
Enroll now to claim 75% off Lifetime Access to ALL courses!
Use code: FUTURE75
🍮 Google Bard, now available to teens worldwide
🍭 OpenAI launches Data Partnerships program to enhance AI training
🍪 Google is eyeing potential game-changing investments in Character.AI
🍫 You can now call Claude in Google Sheets
🍕 Galaxy S24 Ultra to Feature Samsung’s Latest AI, Samsung Gauss
🍟 Google battling counterfeit AI chatbots
🍧 OpenAI Redefines Game: AI Shift, Not a Threat
🍮 Upcoming iPhone 16 rumored to feature advanced generative AI
🍿 Meta’s LLama Model competes well with GPT in terms of hallucination rate
🥨 Meta disbands its Responsible AI team
🥮 Meta introduces AI-powered tools, Emu Edit and Emu Video
🌮Microsoft rebrands Bing Chat to Copilot
Tutorial – How to create custom GPT for Free
- Go to OpenAI Platform, and create an account
- Select “Assistants“ on the left sidebar
- Click “+ Create“ and fill in the Name, and Instructions and choose any available model. You can also toggle Code Interpreter and upload a file to fine-tune your Assistant.
- When done, click “Save“
- Test out your Assistant by clicking the “Test” button
Next week I will teach you how to embed this custom AI Agent in your pipeline using Zapier. Stay tuned!
Prompt to Try – Protect Your CustomGPT
Currently, anyone can expose your instructions in CustomGPTs. Here’s a simple way to protect your CustomGPT and keep your instructions private.
- Kickresume – Automate your CV creation with AI Resume Writer
- MagicSlides – Generating presentation slides with AI
- Akkio – Grow client’s business and provide added value with AI
🚀 How I can help you
- If you want Nat & her team to implement AI & Automation in your business to save time & increase revenue, Book a call with Nat here!
- Generate UNLIMITED supply of content ideas, customer personas, viral hooks, marketing assets & more with my ChatGPT Prompt Strategy!
- Advertise with us(13,000+ Email, 360k+ Social media) Book here!
Disclaimer: The content provided herein is intended for entertainment and informational purposes only. It is not intended as, nor should it be construed as financial, legal, tax, investment, or other professional advice. Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links, which can provide compensation to me at no cost to you if you decide to purchase a paid plan. You should consult a professional advisor before making any decisions or taking any actions based on the information provided.